FAQ and Troubleshooting
After updating the extension, some of the module's functionalities do not work in the front-end. Also i am getting javascrip errors. What can i do ?
- If you are using 3rd party plugins for script merging and minifization (e.g. JCH Optimize, JSpeed, etc.), make sure that you are clearing your Joomla's cache, after the update.
- If you are using a CDN (e.g. Cloudflaire, Amazon CloudFront, etc.), make sure that you purge the cache in that CDN. It is possible that your CDN provider, serves you old jabascript and css files, that generate errors, with new features in Custom Filters.
- Browsers tend to store files of the visited web sites locally and re-use them in your next visits. Please clear your browser's cache, to load the files afresh.
I created some custom fields, but they are not displayed as filters. Why?
- Make sure that your custom fields are published as filters, in the VM Custom Filters PRO component.
- Make sure that the VM Custom Filters PRO component, is configured to trace custom fields for the kind of products you are using. The VM CF PRO component, lookups for custom fields in specific kind of products (i.e. Parent, Child, All). Check the configuration of the component for that setting (i.e. Filtered Products).
- Check if you have selected specific custom filters to be displayed, in the filtering module.
The CF Filtering module has a setting named "Selected filters" (under Custom Filters), with which you can display only the selected filters in the filtering module.
You need to make sure that your filters are either selected there, or you use the option "All/Auto", which auto detects the filters relevant to the visited page.
- If you were using an old version of Custom Filters (prior to 2.8.0) and you were using template overrides for the filtering module (mod_cf_filtering), you need to remove them. From the version 2.8.0 and on, the layouts are refactored and have different structure. You are adviced to remove the template overriden layout (path: templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/mod_cf_filterng), used for the old versions.